Arts Council Malta (ACM) is engaging a service provider to serve as a communications assistant
Arts Council Malta (ACM), the national agency for development and investment in the cultural and creative sectors, is engaging a service provider to serve as a communications assistant under the supervision of the Communications Executive to implement and support ACM’s communications plan, particularly its online communications.
Duties and responsibilities
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- The regular upkeep and uploading of content on the ACM website as well as contributing to its development to ensure a relevant and dynamic information and research tool;
- Managing the planning and delivery of social media marketing campaigns;
- The design and timely delivery of the Council’s monthly newsletter;
- Obtaining and generating content, including photos and short videos for online promotion;
- Providing market research, analysis and reporting on users’ response, and performance of campaigns and promotions;
- Monitoring trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy;
- Monitoring the performance of the Council’s digital presence and reporting back with suggestions;
- Learning about the work of all ACM’s programmes and initiatives and assisting in improving media strategies;
- Striving to reach set targets in order to be able to contribute towards the attainment of the Council’s overall communication targets;
- Assist with other communications matters, as assigned by the Director of Strategy.
Skills and Requirements
- Interest in the arts, preferably with experience in arts marketing.
- A minimum of two years of work-related experience in social media that includes Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube;
- An understanding and aptitude for digital marketing;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Proficiency in English and Maltese, with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- A University degree in marketing, communications, IT or similar;
- Flexible to work on weekends and evenings according to scheduled events;
- Strong organisational and administrative skills and attention to detail;
- A creative mindset and the ability to work well under pressure, completing tasks efficiently, and handling tight deadlines.
The service provider is required to work flexibly within an office environment and occasionally at events held in various locations for a minimum of 20 hours per week for a period of six months. Additional hours may be contracted as required and the service may be extended for further months. The selected service provider will be required to start providing the service from the first week of April.
Interested service providers are invited to submit their CV, a portfolio of work in English and Maltese and the rate per hour excluding VAT to email@example.com by Wednesday 15th March 2017.